Loving a WATER HORSE

Ever since the cinema begun, I don't like cartoon-like films. It does not entice me to watch it on theatre. But this time, I wa...

Ever since the cinema begun, I don't like cartoon-like films. It does not entice me to watch it on theatre. But this time, I was corrected by my own judgement. My instructor, Katrina Angela Posadas invited the rest of the MassCom students to watch for it may somehow helps us to remove stress and refresh our "windang" minds because of the consecutive strenuous productions. Anyway, the films screenplay is not that big. It is a story of friendship, courage and surrender of pride. The plot is not that impressive because I have seen films before creatively done by just a "voice over" of the protagonist where he reveals himself at the last part of the picture. Still, I love the film for it has message to everyone. Even if the story is very light but obviously, it speaks for something and call for something (I want you to discover what it is).
The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep is a 2007 fantasy film directed by Jay Russell. The screenplay, written by screenwriter Robert Nelson Jacobs, is an adaption of Dick King-Smith's children's novel The Water Horse. It stars Alex Etel as a young boy who discovers a mysterious egg and cares for what hatches of it: a 'water horse' that becomes the fabled Loch Ness Monster. Emily Watson, Ben Chaplin and David Morrissey also star.
Walden Media, in collaboration with Beacon Pictures and Revolution Studios produced the film. Visual effects, which included the computer-generated imagery of the monster (named "Crusoe" by Etel's character) were completed by the New Zealand-based companies Weta Digital and Weta Workshop — visual effects companies who worked with Walden Media before on the productions of The Chronicles of Narnia films. The Water Horse was released in the United States on December 25, 2007 and in the United Kingdom on February 8, 2008.

Related

BLOG 6330089368462804602

Post a Comment

Follow Us

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

Side Ads

Text Widget

Connect Us

item